1. Employee must have one year of employment with Providence
2. Employee must meet emergency criterion, such as:
- Loss of income, due to:
- Serious illness
- Death of an immediate family member or partner
- Emergency housing issue
- Disaster to home (fire, flood, etc.)
- Change in living arrangements (an eviction, for example)
- Family Crisis
- Loss of household income
- Prolonged illness
- Domestic violence
3. Employee has considered other sources of assistance, including (but not limited to):
- Community Assistance programs (utilities, for example)
- Church / Community
- Financial education
- Legal consult
- Debt / bill consolidation / Consumer Credit counseling
- Employee must fill out a Help Fund Application (available on the Providence website, or by visiting Catholic Charities offices).
- Employee must speak with a Catholic Charities program representative.
- Employee must provide written documentation of need (copy of bill or written statement of need or both).
- Request not to exceed $500.
- Employee not to request assistance more than once per year.
- Catholic Charities will verify employment with Providence Human Resources. No records will be kept with Providence, to protect confidentiality.
- All funds will be paid directly to an appropriate vendor/payee (landlord, utility company) and can only benefit the household of the employee.
- Catholic Charities program representative will refer to Providence’s Employee Assistance Programs for counseling when appropriate.
- Covered expenses may include:
- Food / gas
- Rent / mortgage
- Utilities (includes, electricity, water/sewer, gas, garbage)
- Essential repairs to a vehicle required for commuting
- Child care
- Funeral expenses
- Other needs due to emergent circumstances
- Catholic Charities will, when appropriate, call vendor/payee to arrange a payment on behalf of the employee.
- Catholic Charities will notify (via phone or email) employee of service determination and date service completed.
Application review and decisions may take two to three business days.
To discuss, contact Catholic Charities:
- 12 E. 5th Ave.
Spokane, WA 99202
Download the Caregiver HELP Fund Application Form
The document will open in a new window, where you print a copy or type in your information. Upon completion, save a copy and send your application to Catholic Charities:
- Via email:
- Print and mail a copy:
Attn: Scott Cooper
PO Box 2253
Spokane, WA 99210-2253