Institutional Review Board
All research protocols conducted at Providence Medical Research Center in Spokane have oversight by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). The IRB is a 20-member board of technical experts, administrators, lay people and clergy who meet monthly to review research projects involving human subjects and ensure:
- Safety and rights of participating patients are maintained.
- Risks to participants are minimized.
- Risks to participants are justified in relation to anticipated benefits
- The selection of participants is equitable; and
- Participants are informed of all procedures, costs, risks and benefits of participating in a research study.
Visit the Spokane Medical Research Institutional Review Board website »