Neonatal Professional Education Courses
Drug Exposed Newborn (NAS)
7 Contact Hours; 1-day course
January 20 | April 21 | July 21 | October 5
- Covers illicit and legal substances used during pregnancy and the effect on the neonate.
- Learn to perform abstinence scoring with the Modified Finnegan tool.
- Discuss pharmacologic and supportive treatments.
5-9 Contact Hours; 2-day course
January 9 | January 12 | February 1 | February 6 | March 9 | March 21 | April 5 | April 7 | May 3 | May 15 | July 18 | July 27 | August 9 | August 14 | September 8 | September 27 | October 2 | November 9 | November 29 | December 4 | December 14
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
Infant Stabilization (STABLE) Provider
8 Contact Hours; 1-day course
February 9 | May 11 | August 3 | November 2
(Also available as a 2-day/15.25 Contact Hour course, combined with the STABLE Cardiac Module below.)
- A nationally recognized, evidence-based, program of excellence. The next step after NRP.
- Learn to effectively stabilize high-risk newborns in the birth setting, in preparation for transport.
- Content includes thermoregulation, glucose management, blood pressure stabilization, sepsis identification and treatment.
STABLE Cardiac Module
7.25 Contact Hours; 1-day course
February 10 | May 12 | August 4 | November 3
- Recognition and stabilization of the neonate with a suspected congenital heart defect.