How to Apply
Our training program requires the following application materials:
- ERAS common application form.
- A personal statement.
- A Dean’s letter.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Official medical school transcript.
- USMLE parts 1 & 2 (CK & CS).
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside of the United States or Canada).
International medical graduates must contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
(ECFMG) for application materials and eligibility requirements. Paper applications will not be accepted. We will accept ERAS applications from International Medical Graduates only if they meet the following criteria:
- Documentation of ECFMG certification; and
- Documentation of successful completion of a clinical clerkship or subinternship of at least 8 weeks (hands-on clinical experience where you have been involved in patient care doing Histories & Physicals, ordering and interpreting labs, writing orders, making diagnosis and treatment plans, etc.) performed at a ACGME accredited U.S., Puerto Rican or Canadian medical school; and
- Visa status that allows legal entrance into the United States (we do not sponsor or assist with applications for visa).
Although we do not have a minimum board score requirement, applications with a high score will be considered more favorably than those with low scores.