The team at Providence Medical Group Pediatric Surgery provides comprehensive, coordinated care for infants, children and adolescents across the Inland Northwest. We offer a full range of general surgical services, as well as the following:
- Surgical care for patients 18 and younger, including activated trauma care
- Complex tumor and hepatobiliary (liver, gall bladder) surgery
- Repair of birth defects
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Pediatric anesthesia specialists
- Care for children with burns
- Head, neck and chest surgery
- Acute inflammatory carditis
- ECMO program
- Removal of foreign bodies within the airway and esophagus
- Elective outpatient surgery
Minimally Invasive Pediatric Surgery
Minimally invasive pediatric surgery is an option for some procedures. Smaller incisions are particularly important for children, because scars will stretch and enlarge as the child grows. Other key benefits are reduced pain and risk of infection, shorter hospital stays and recovery times, and reduced blood loss.
National Surgical Quality Improvement Program
Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital is a member of the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.