Adult & Teen Congenital Heart Program
Decades of advancements in congenital cardiac care has resulted in more adults than children living with congenital heart disease. That's why Providence has recently formalized a program dedicated to caring for adults and teens - the Providence Adult and Teen Congenital Heart Program (PATCH).
There are several features of our program that make us unique and appropriately positioned to care for this growing population of patients:
- The Providence Adult and Teen Congenital Heart Program (PATCH) in Spokane, Washington is conveniently located in a pediatric cardiology clinic housed within a larger medical center offering comprehensive adult cardiac care. This allows us to provide a seamless transition from pediatric to adult medical care and draw on expertise of providers specializing in both congenital and acquired heart disease. Cardiologists from both departments work closely together to provide the best care possible to our patients.
- We serve as the primary center for complex congenital heart disease care and congenital cardiac surgery within the Providence St. Joseph Health system and are the only adult congenital heart disease program (ACHD) in the Inland Northwest, with several satellite clinics across the region.
- We work closely with our colleagues in Maternal Fetal Medicine to provide care to pregnant patients with heart disease; have monthly multidisciplinary clinics in ACHD/Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant/Palliative Care and ACHD/Pulmonary Hypertension/Supportive Care services; hold quarterly teen and young adult transition clinics; work closely with Psychiatry and Psychology; and provide access to full consultative care in all sub-specialties of medicine and surgery.
- In addition to our four ACHD-boarded cardiologists and two ACHD board-eligible cardiologists, we have an ACHD team that includes a Nurse Educator, Nurse Coordinator, Social Worker and Physician Assistant/Advanced Practice Providers.
- We have a formal transition program for the maturing adolescent with congenital heart disease, offer a bi-monthly support group for patients and hold educational seminars for patients, nurses, and local and regional providers.
- We provide 24/7 consultative care for ACHD patients and and are involved in perioperative care of our patients—for cardiac and non-cardiac procedures and surgeries.
- We are nationally recognized as an ACHA ACHD Accredited Comprehensive Care Center—a mark of distinction for ACHD programs that is endorsed by the major cardiology societies.
We look forward to working with our regional colleagues and can be reached at 509-474-6707 for consultations, referrals or general questions regarding our program.