Working Together to Provide the Best Possible Care
The doctors and specialists of Providence Regional Cancer Center are committed to providing the best possible cancer diagnosis and treatment. We take a team approach – going so far as to assemble a panel of experts to review every new case. We want the best outcome possible for you and your family.
The Alliance for Cancer Care
Providence Regional Cancer Center is a member of The Alliance for Cancer Care, providing integrated, comprehensive and compassionate cancer care for patients in the Inland Northwest. The Alliance for Cancer Care brings together the expertise and resources of the region’s three premier cancer care organizations – Providence Health Care, Kootenai Health and Cancer Care Northwest – to provide patients with the best cancer care and services close to home.
Visit AllianceForCancerCare.org to learn more
Providence Regional Cancer Center conducts three treatment planning sessions each week – breast, thoracic and general (where all tumor types are reviewed). We utilize the expertise of our specialists to review every new case and organize a comprehensive, personalized care plan based on tumor biology and patient circumstances.
Providence Regional Cancer Center is recognized for the skill and experience of our doctors, state-of-the-art technology and national research protocols. We customize the latest treatment options to fit each patient’s diagnosis and circumstances. Our team provides the finest care in the region.
- Radiation oncologists use the latest techniques, including intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Medical oncologists offer the newest chemotherapies and biotherapies
- Surgeons have expertise and experience in all types of cancer surgery
- Nurses have national certifications in cancer care
- Support specialists ensure that patients, family and friends receive the support they need
Specialty Treatments and Technology
Our affiliate physicians bring a number of specialty treatments to Providence Regional Cancer Center, including:
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- High-dose radiation, such as the Mammosite
- Yttrium-90 microsphere radioembolization of hepatic tumors
- PET/CT, digital mammography and breast MRI
- Photodynamic therapy of early bronchial neoplastic lesions
- Radiofrequency ablation techniques of the bone, liver and lung neoplasms
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Advanced laparoscopic techniques in gastrointestinal, colon, rectal, urologic and gynecologic neoplasms
- Robotic prostatectomies and hysterectomies
- Peritoneal debulking and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for the treatment of primary or secondary peritoneal malignancy
- Limb perfusion for locally advanced melanoma
- Autoflourescent bronchoscopy