BrainLAB is Shaping Cancer Care
The doctors at Providence Regional Cancer Center use BrainLAB radiosurgery to painlessly shrink or eliminate cancerous and non-cancerous brain tumors. BrainLAB uses non-invasive, shaped-beam technology to target the medical radiation precisely to the patient’s tumor. This ensures the best possible treatment dose is delivered, while protecting surrounding healthy tissue.
BrainLAB radiosurgery has helped thousands of people continue to work, spend time with family and friends and take part in their favorite activities … all while fighting cancer. It’s non-invasive, takes just minutes per treatment and requires no overnight hospital stay. Patients receive treatment and get back to life.
"BrainLAB offers several advantages in terms of comfort,” says Jonathan D. Carlson, MD, PhD, neurosurgeon at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children’s Hospital with Inland Neurosurgery and Spine Associates.
BrainLAB is used to treat these conditions:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Base-of-skull tumors
- Meningiomas of the skull base
- Metastases brain tumors
- Primary brain tumors
- Pediatric brain tumors
- Pituitary adenomas
- Recurrent brain tumors
- Trigeminal neuralgia
For more information, call (509) 474-5490.
Advantages of BrainLAB
When considering your treatment options for brain tumors in Spokane, BrainLAB may offer several advantages over other methods, such as Gamma Knife:
- More comfortable - in most cases, your head is immobilized with a mesh screen, rather than a halo attached with screws (like those used with a Gamma Knife).
- Non-invasive - no incisions!
- Precise and Accurate - the radiation beam can conform to the exact dimensions of the tumor.
- Shorter treatment time - treatment is delivered in as little as 15-20 minutes.
- No overnight hospital stay