Approximately 50 percent of all cancer patients will require radiation as part of their treatment plans. Radiation therapy used high-energy radiation to destroy the cancer cells' ability to divide and multiply. It can precisely target specific tumors without damaging the surrounding tissue.
Providence Regional Cancer System offers radiation oncology at facilities in Lacey, Centralia and Aberdeen.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (OMRT)
- Volumetric-modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- 3-D conformal radiation therapy
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Respiratory gating
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Radioactivec seed implants (RSI)