Genetic Testing and Counseling
Certified and licensed genetic counselors offer risk assessment, genetic testing and genetic counseling for people concerned about their personal or family history of cancer.
Knowing your cancer risk can empower you and your family to make more informed health decisions. In turn, your decisions can lead to better cancer treatments and outcomes, earlier detection and more effective prevention.
- Evaluation of medical and family history
- Identification and explanation of personal cancer risk factors
- Counseling regarding medical and family history
- Genetic testing
- Interpretation of test results
- Recommended set of cancer screening tests
- Strategies to reduce cancer risk