We care about the health of our region
We know you do, too
Providence St. Mary Foundation is a local, non-profit organization. Our mission is to invest in programs, technology and equipment to ensure that exceptional health care continues close to home at Providence St. Mary Medical Center. Every dollar raised stays in Walla Walla. Our foundation is led by a group of 21 Board members who live in the area and understand the needs of our community.
Together, with generous support from our donors, we:
- Promote the early detection of breast cancer by providing uninsured women in need with a free screening mammogram.
- Provide St. Mary caregivers with education scholarships that will allow them to grow professionally, while bringing the latest in clinical expertise to our community.
- Help our most vulnerable patients who are fighting cancer and chronic kidney disease. Our patient assistance fund provides gas cards, food vouchers, rent and other urgent expenses not covered by insurance. This fund removes barriers so patients can focus on surviving, through and beyond their disease.
- Launched a Healthy Youth Initiative to encourage 1,000 local fourth graders to be more physically active. This is an ongoing, innovative program in partnership with Walla Walla, College Place and Athena schools.
- Promote safe sleep practices for newborns. Generous donations ensure every baby leaves the hospital with a SleepSack, a wearable blanket to replace loose blankets in the crib and encourage safe sleeping at home.