Form a Team
Participating as a team gives you and your team members the opportunity to build and strengthen your relationships, engage in the community, and support a good cause together! Types of teams can be corporate or consist of your family and friends. There is no minimum or maximum to the number of members on a team, but the more the better!
What is a Team Captain?
A Team Captain's role is to invite co-workers, family, and friends to join your team and participate in the Treat Yourself 5K to have fun together and support a great cause! You will also serve as a liaison in the community to educate about the 5K and the ministries that benefit from this fundraising event - Providence ElderPlace and Providence Heritage House at the Market.
Tips and language to use when recruiting Team Members:
- It's for a great cause!
- It's a healthy activity for people of all fitness levels to participate in with co-workers, family, friends, and children!
- Dogs are welcome on the course!
- What a fun thing to do on a Summer day in Seward Park!
- Provide incentives:
- Example: each person who signs up for the team gets entered into a raffle for casual dress Friday, a restaurant gift certificate, coffee gift card, special prize, etc.
- Make team t-shirts for your group or company to wear at the race and show team spirit.
- There is tons of SWAG included in the $35 registration: a Treat Yourself tech t-shirt, a delicious breakfast, and tons of complimentary treats!
Registering your Team:
Your team members can register individually by clicking the "register now" button on the Treat Yourself 5K website, OR as team captain you can register your team members with Jessica Sherman, collect your team members' registration money, and submit all at once on race day. If your company would like to cover the cost of registration for the runners/walkers for a corporate team, please coordinate runner registrations and payment with Jessica Sherman.
Jessica Sherman / Event Manager / 206-938-1998 / email@example.com
Because our 5K is still new, only in it's second year, we have decided not to include team fundraising through our website. If you would like to gather donations among your team members for our cause, we encourage you to collect cash or checks into an envelope and submit on race day. Please keep track of all donations on a spreadsheet so we can send tax receipts to all donors. You can coordinate team donations with Jessica Sherman.