Providence Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, with Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital, is proud to present a parenting seminar for parents and caregivers of children with diabetes, with guest speaker Lisa Greene, co-author of Parenting Children with Health Issues. This program is adapted from the popular Love and Logic parenting approach. Lisa is a parenting educator and mother of two children with cystic fibrosis, and is very familiar with chronic illness.
Special parenting skills are needed to raise kids with special health issues. These skills are important to help our children cope with the challenges of diabetes, to comply with a very complex medical regimen, and especially to live a hope-filled healthy life. Navigating insulin, meters, and insulin pumps can be a very challenging task for anyone with diabetes, but especially for children.
You’ll discover how to:
- Motivate children to make wise choices about their food and insulin.
- Promote responsibility without nagging, lecturing or bribing,
- Answer your child’s tough questions about their health needs.
- Empower your child to make wise self-care decisions.
- Avoid power struggles and other common parenting traps.
- Handle refusal to take medication and do medical treatments.
- Avoid the dangers of over-protection or helicopter parenting.
- Prepare your child for the transition to independence,
- Navigate sibling, family and couple relationship challenges.
Free. Please RSVP at the Contact number below.