Residency Minimum Requirements
We only accept applications through ERAS.
All Applicants Must:
- Have passed Part I and Part II Clinical Knowledge of the USMLE or Comlex equivalents within two attempts and pass the USMLE Clinical Skills or Comlex equivalent on first attempt prior to matching with our program. While we do not have a minimum score expectation but we are a highly competitive program and have students with high scores applying.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one of which MUST be from a family medicine physician.
- Have a medical student performance evaluation (MSPE).
- Have a clinical rotation of at least eight week's duration that involves DIRECT PATIENT CARE, with at least 6 weeks in a family medicine office in the United States. Observerships do not count for this experience.
- Have graduated from medical school within three years of beginning training in our program. If you have been out of medical school greater than three years you must be employed as a physician in your country within the last three years or currently doing clinical externships with direct patient care in the United States. Observerships do not count for this experience.
International medical graduates must have active, unrestricted ECFMG certificates and be eligible to work in the United States as of June 1st of the academic year in which they begin training (example: 6/1/16 for academic year 16-17).