Preparing For Your Surgery
Before surgery, your physician will determine if you need a pre-admission appointment.
If you have a serious health condition, have had previous complications with anesthesia or have questions about your procedure, your physician’s office will schedule an appointment
in the Pre-Admission Clinic for you.
The pre-admission visit must be within 10 days of your surgery date. Please bring copies
or ask your physician’s office to fax any lab work, electrocardiogram (EKG) or chest X-ray reports performed within the last six months to (360) 330-8750.
Go to the registration desk in the hospital’s Main Entrance off Schueber Road to check in. Your appointment
will take approximately one to two hours.
- All papers given to you by your physician
- All signed claim forms
- Health insurance cards and/or medical coupons
- If you have a pacemaker or implanted electrical device, bring your information cards
with you to your pre-admission appointment and surgery
What Will Happen at My Appointment?
The purpose of the pre-admission visit is to:
- Review your health history with a registered nurse
- Receive individualized instructions about how to prepare for your surgery, what to expect after your surgery and any special needs or concerns you
- Complete required lab work and other tests
- Complete required paperwork
- Arrange for referrals or services you may need