High School Summer Program
Students who are selected for this program will commit to the following:
- Students must be a current sophomore, junior, or senior in high school.
- Complete the online application between April 9th – 25th 2018.
- Attend a mandatory Meet and Greet, the evening of May 17th, 2018. Parent/Guardian must also attend.
- Attend a mandatory all-day Orientation on June 26th.
- Commit to 75 hours of volunteer service between June 26th-Sept 1st, 2018.
- Participate as a Buddy at Camp Prov for one week, Monday through Friday at Forest Park in Everett. One full week: either 17.5 (half days) or 35 (full days) hours max may be completed at Camp Prov however, the other remaining hours must be completed in the hospital setting.
- Acceptance/Denial letters will be mailed out by April 30th, 2018.
- You will need to meet all the onboarding requirements by June 8th, 2018. Details will be discussed during the Meet and Greet.
- All student accepted into the program will receive their schedule for training and Camp Prov on or by June 15th, 2018.
- You must be able to train at least 2-3 days the weeks of June 27th – July 6th, 2018 between the hours of 8-4 p.m.
The Summer Program is a key component to Providence’s mission of caring for the poor and vulnerable. Additionally, we hope that this experience will help the students:
- Increase their awareness of the healthcare field as a potential career path.
- Apply sound decision-making and problem-solving skills within their volunteer position while receiving supportive coaching and mentoring from staff.
- Practice key communication skills in a diverse environment made up of patients, family members, visitors and staff from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds.
We are confident that after completion of the High School Summer Program, students will feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in having achieved a goal while enriching the lives of our patients, visitors and staff.