New way to book travel arrangements coming in May
Published April 13, 2015
Today, caregivers book travel through the Azumano Travel website or by calling Azumano directly.
On May 4, caregivers will be able to book travel through the Providence Travel Department and its new online booking tool, designed for ease of use.
- Continue to book travel arrangements through Azumano as you do today. Look for a communication announcing when the new site is live.
- In April, attend a one-hour, online training session. Email invitation to follow. Note: space is limited, so log in promptly.
Change equals enhanced service
Providence travel will:
- Guide travelers through the booking and travel process
- Manage reservations, ticketing and changes
- Assist with meetings and events, including site selection and contract negotiations
- Build relationships with travelers and vendors
- Provide easy-to-use online booking tool
- Reduce travel costs
- Allow mobile booking
What to expect
- On May 4, the new online booking tool will be available to caregivers in Northwest Washington, Oregon, Providence Health Care and Southeast Washington.
- Online training will be available to caregivers, and advanced training will be offered to travel planners and administrative assistants who book travel for others. Just in time training will be available on the new travel site.
- For the most frequent travelers, the information in the Azumano travel profile will be moved to the new online booking tool along with your travel reward programs. Profiles should be confirmed and validated prior to booking travel. Caregivers who haven’t used Azumano in the past year or haven’t regularly booked through the portal may need to create new profiles.
- Although the travel site will have a new look and feel, regional and systemwide travel policies and procedures will not significantly change.
- In 2015, Providence will discontinue Azumano.
Please contact Pat Plaster, director, travel services, or email@example.com or 425 687-3966 for further information.