Change in Payroll Reimbursement Deadline Due to New Year’s Holiday; Mileage Calculation Changes
Published December 22, 2014
Due to the upcoming Christmas and New Year’s holidays, there will be a change in the deadline for submitting employee reimbursement requests. All approved reimbursement need to be received in payroll by end of day Tuesday, Dec. 23, in order to be included on the Jan. 2 paycheck.
Going forward, the deadline for submitting reimbursement to be included on the paycheck will be the Thursday prior to the pay period end date.
The IRS also just announced an increase to the mileage rate. Expenses incurred beginning 1/1/2015 will be paid at $0.575/mile. The 2015 expense reimbursement forms will be added to the regional payroll intranet pages soon. Please make sure you are using the updated form for expenses incurrent in 2015.
To ensure timely processing of your expense reimbursement, please read the helpful hints below:
- Submit reimbursements timely, per policy, request for reimbursements must be submitted within 60 days
- An itemized receipt is required for each expense, no matter the amount
- Include accurate and complete accounting codes, i.e., cost center, account, activity number
- The form must be signed by both the employee and their manager
- Alcohol must be separated out on the reimbursement form and charged to the proper account for Medicare reporting purposes.
- Please include your employee number on the form
- Tape all receipts to an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper
Payroll Contact Information:
Phone: 888-687-3753, option 1, option 3
- Alaska - PHSImageNowAKEmployeeReimbursement@providence.org
- California: CAEEReimbursement@providence.org
- Oregon: OREEReimbursement@providence.org
- Swedish/SMG/MJM: SwedishEEReimb@providence.org
- WA/MT/PSMS: WAMTEEREIMB@providence.org