Reminder: Caregivers Gearing Up for Project Homeless Connect
Published on June 9, 2014
The Professional Excellence Council is currently collecting items for Project Homeless Connect, which will be held Thursday, July 10 at Evergreen Middle School.
Last year, one of our registered nurses shared the story of Project Homeless Connect with her 11-year-old daughter, who was very moved by the effort. As a result, she asked those invited to her 12th birthday party to bring shoes for the homeless instead of presents for her. Thus far, she has donated 10 pairs of brand new shoes and will be coming with her mother as a helper this year.
Collection bins for Project Homeless Connect have been placed in staff break rooms. Please note that we are still in need of the following items:
- Hotel / Travel Size Toiletries: New
- Emery boards: New ones please, as they will be used in foot care stations
- Nail Polish: Quick-dry formula preferred
- Polish remover
- Shoes: New or looking new, any size including children’s sizes
- Clothes: New or looking new, any size
- Socks: All sizes including children’s, preferably darker colored socks
- Any small make-up bag (i.e. the free ones you get from the make-up counters)
For more information, please contact Sharon.Steele@providence.org.