Interested in Becoming a Hospice Volunteer?
Published September 29, 2014
Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to the community? Have you thought about being a Providence hospice volunteer? Providence hospice volunteers are ordinary people with an extraordinary love and concern for others. They come from all walks of life, are of every age, and offer a variety of services to meet a variety of needs. They decide how much time they can give and how they wish to serve. Some activities volunteers participate in include:
- Making companionship visits to patients
- Help with projects such as writing letters, quilting, and crafts
- Provide respite care to relieve caregivers
- Offer bereavement support to families
- Sit with patients at bedside vigils
If you or someone you know would like to become a hospice volunteer, more information can be found at www.providence.org/phhc. Please call 425-261-4815 to register for one of the upcoming Volunteer Information Sessions on either October 15 or November 19.