Stroke Specialty Program
Our Stroke Center is certified by CARF International.
We partner with the stroke patient, their families and caregivers to work on the following:
- Focus on prevention including risk factors, fall prevention and medical management
- Minimize impairment and teach ways to compensate for limitations as strength is regained
- Increase quality of life and maintain health
- Offer support to the patient and their loved ones through support groups and community contacts
- Provide resources for liferoles such as transportation needs, community re-entry trials and return to work issues.
We encourage self management of health issues and consistent medical support and use of the healthcare system.
Examples include: diabetes, high blood pressure and fragile skin training for patients, family and caregivers.