We are a free, home-based program that provides “Palliative Care,” which is relief from the pain, symptoms and stress of serious illness. It’s important to us that you have the comfort care and support you need now, and the information you need to make decisions as your health changes.
Our team consists of Social Workers, a Registered Nurse and specially-trained volunteers.
We can help you:
- Discuss feelings related to a new diagnosis or changes in the course of your illness.
- Manage your pain or other symptoms so you can be as comfortable, independent and safe as possible.
- Find help with day-to-day needs and the emotional and spiritual support you want.
- Identify what’s most important to you and what kind of information you need to make decisions that make sense for your life.
- Plan for expected changes as your illness progresses.
- Enjoy peace of mind and the important people in your life
You may be eligible for Transitions services if you are:
- Living with a progressing illness, with a limited prognosis,
- At least 18 years old,
- A resident of King County, and
- Not currently enrolled in hospice care.
People receiving services such as respite, COPES and/or Home Health are eligible for Transitions services if needed.
If you would like more information about the Providence Transitions Program or want to request an initial consultation, please call us at (206) 320-7396.
No medical orders are need to begin the process. Medical or service providers can fax referral information to (206) 749-7988.
Please note: Transitions does not provide “hands on” care, but can help you locate those services, if needed.