Web Resources on Grief & Loss
Many wonderful web pages are available to help those who are grieving. These sites offer both information about grief and loss and the opportunity to connect with others who are grieving.
- www.centerforloss.com: Center for Loss and Life Transitions. Dr. Alan Wolfelt. Comprehensive site with general information on grief and life losses, books; Companioning theory.
- www.griefnet.org: An Internet community of people dealing with grief, death, and major loss. 50 plus specific email grief support groups.
- www.thegrieftoolbox.com: General information and support for grief and loss.
- www.navigatinggrief.com: Interactive website offering information, support and suggestions.
- www.griefworks.org: A comprehensive source for grief and loss. Offers information on general grief, and that specific to parents, children, cancer, etc.
- www.griefshare.org: An online tool for finding local grief support groups around the world.
- www.mindfulnessandgrief.com: Mindfulness approaches to coping with grief.
- www.whatsyourgrief.com: “Grief education, exploration, and expression in both practical and creative ways”. Includes blog, podcast, and a wide variety of other resources.
- www.momshalo.org: Support for Mother Loss.
- www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org: Providing the gift of remembrance photography for parents suffering the loss of a baby
- www.psofpugetsound.org: Support for miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death. This group also has 24/7 chat support groups on Facebook.
www.facebook.com/groups/psofpugetsoundgroup/ - For general support
www.facebook.com/groups/psofpugetsoundgroupPALS/ - pregnancy after loss
www.facebook.com/groups/PPLS/ - parenting post loss
www.facebook.com/groups/psfathersofangels/ - parent support for fathers
- www.thecompassionatefriends.org: An organization dedicated to parents who children have died. Provides information on the death of children, support, resources, listings of local groups, etc.
- www.BereavedParentsUSA.org: A national non-profit, self-help group that offers support, understanding, compassion, and hope especially to the newly bereaved. This site is for parents, grandparents, siblings, and other family members.
- www.modernloss.com “Modern Loss is a place to share the unspeakably taboo, unbelievably hilarious, and unexpectedly beautiful terrain of navigating your life after a death. Beginners welcome.” –Author of site
- www.RefugeInGrief.com: A website offering a unique perspective on grief support, for any loss, but may be especially helpful for those who have lost a partner, fiancé, or spouse. Includes resources, book reviews, and an online ‘writing your grief’ course.
- www.mygriefspace.net: An online community for grief and healing that provides many helpful resources & offers support for grief as you cope with the sad loss of a loved one or pet companion to death or other separation.
- www.silentgrief.com: Support for all who have suffered miscarriage and later child loss.
- www.glowinthewoods.com: A blog for miscarriage and baby loss support.
- www.petloss.com: A website for pet lovers who are grieving the death of a pet or dealing with an ill pet. Offers personal support, advice, The Pet Candle Ceremony, Tributes page, poetry, etc.
- www.webhealing.com/honor-page: This page is a place that men or women can honor the person in their life who died by writing about a part of their own grief and healing. My vision is that it could serve not only as a memorial but as a place that any bereaved person on the www could come and read about others who have experienced a similar loss.
- www.sageolympia.org: The SAGE Olympia Mission is to promote the wellness of LGBT elders in the Thurston County area with a range of referrals, services and other activities. Call for information on grief support groups: (360) 602-1204.
For Kids and Teens