Preparing for Delivery
Touring the Birth Centers
- Providence Centralia Hospital Birth Center tours are conducted on a case-by-case basis. To schedule your tour call (360) 330-8629
- Providence St. Peter Hospital Birth Center tours occur every Sunday at 3 p.m. Please call 1 hour before the tour to ensure the birth center is not full, (360) 493-7027
Creating Your Birth Plan
Taking the time to talk about your wishes for your birth experience before you go into labor is a valuable experience for you and those involved in your birth. We recommend completing and sharing your birth plan with your health care provider before your eight month.
Childbirth Classes: Providence Centralia Hospital, Centralia
Centralia birthing classes are for expectant mothers and their labor support person. Instructors are either Registered Nurses experienced in perinatal nursing or Certified Birthing Class instructors.
Centralia baby classes will include the labor process, delivery, pain control, postpartum recovery period, newborn care and breastfeeding.
The 4-week course is held every Wednesday night, for 4 weeks, in the Providence Centralia Hospital Basement Classroom. Classes start at 6 p.m. and end at 8 p.m. Cost is $115.50.
To register for birthing classes at Providence Centralia Hospital call, (360) 827-8600
Childbirth Classes: Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia
Olympia birthing classes are offered by NW Childbirth at Providence St. Peter Hospital. All childbirth instructors are Certified Lamaze Instructors and bring many years of Labor and Delivery experience. Classes include:
- Prepared Childbirth Class - 4 week series
- Fast Track Childbirth Class - One day class
- Infant Safety & CPR
- Breastfeeding Your Baby
- Sibling Celebration
- To learn more about each class and to register online visit www.nwchildbirth.com