Volunteer at Providence Mount St. Vincent
We welcome you to join over 225 other community members, family members and teens who make a difference here at The Mount every day. Whether you can volunteer for a few hours a month or a few hours a week, we have an opportunity for you to work in an area that brings you great personal satisfaction.
Volunteers are an essential part of The Mount’s community
Currently, volunteers (ranging in age from 14 to 95) offer their friendship and talents to promote the physical and spiritual health and well-being of our residents and program participants in countless ways. Volunteering at The Mount is a great way to make new friends, help other people, develop new skills and be part of a vital, caring community with a national reputation for excellence. Your time is an invaluable gift to the residents of The Mount!
"Studies show that people who volunteer 1 to 2 hours a week are healthier, live longer, and are more satisfied with their lives compared with nonvolunteers." - Prevention Magazine, January 2009
Some ways that volunteers can support The Mount:
- Visit one-on-one with residents and patients
- Provide TLC for patients in the Transitional Care Unit
- Accompany residents on field trips and community outings
- Provide support to administrative departments
- Help residents write or record oral histories
- Help with the Music & Memory program
- Help with the Intergenerational Art Classes
- Escort residents to and from the hair salon
- Be a “Fresh Air Friend” and take residents outside on nice days
- Bring in your well-behaved pet to provide pet therapy
- Help with multigenerational groups (ladies luncheon, men’s group, Veteran’s group)
- Lead or co-lead a variety of recreational activities
- Read to a child in The Mount’s Intergenerational Learning Center
- Work in the Emilie’s Treasures Thrift Boutique or in the Gift Shop
Some volunteers design their own volunteer experience by sharing their unique talents and interests.
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at The Mount, please complete the forms below and email us to schedule an interview appointment.
Volunteers are required to be immunized against influenza if they wish to volunteer during flu season (October to April). Severe egg allergy documented by a physician and religious objections are the only exceptions to the policy.