Download Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will allow you to view PDF documents on Prep Portal.
The following links contain information and forms you should review and sign prior to your start date at Providence.
Step 1: Please print the Pre-Arrival Orientation Checklist for Nursing. Use this document to track your progress as you complete each of the steps below.
Step 2: Read and Review Guidelines
(Click on titles to access)
Step 3: Print, Review and Sign Required Forms
(click on form title to access the form; submit signed forms to your school)
Step 4: Review the Point of Care Presentation and Glucose Meter Policy below, and Print the Training Checklist and Quiz to bring with you to the clinical site.
(click on titles to access)
Step 5: PYXIS Tutorial and Access:
a) Go to the BD Learning Portal (click on title to access)
b) Sign-up for an account using the following information:
1. Application to register for: Learning Compass
2. Email address: you may use any functional email address that you can currently access (Note: gmail.com addresses are not accepted for registration)
3. BD Brand for future training: Dispensing products
4. User Type: Student
5. Institution: select your school from the drop down list
6. Contact information: please enter personal contact information as requested
7. Title: Student (Nurse)
8. Password: create your own unique password; must contain 8 characters with at least 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter, and 1 digit.
c) Once you have completed the registration process, please check the email account that you used to register for a confirmation email, and follow the instructions on how to complete your account setup.
d) Log in to the BD Learning Portal, and from the Learning drop down menu, select Browse Learning.
e) Scroll down to BD Pyxis ES System v1.5 for Nurses and Clinicians - Custom - Advanced - Profile - No Quiz (CLP-ES200-N_NQ)
f) Upon completion of the course, you will be transferred to another page where you will have the option to View My Certificate
g) Print your certificate and submit to your instructor.
Step 6: Hospira Plum A+ Smart Pump Training