Kids at Heart Luncheon Raises $125,000 to Support Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital
March 09, 2018
Spokane, WA—The 13th annual Kids at Heart luncheon raised $125,000, after expenses, to purchase new state-of-the art equipment for pediatric trauma and emergency services at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
The lunch was packed with heartfelt stories from families and Providence caregivers who were impacted by the September shooting at Freeman High School. Dr. Jim Mellema, pediatric intensive care physician, gave a moving account of how caregivers stepped up to help on the day of the shooting.
The 2018 Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital Advocate of the Year awards were presented at the lunch. These awards recognize those who continually advocate for the health, safety and education of the children and families in our community.
The 2018 Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital Advocates of the Year are:
- Paul Thorne, MD - pediatric surgeon, Providence Medical Group
- LaRae Wiley and Chris Parkin - The Salish School
- Linda Stone - Children’s Alliance
- Molly Crumet - Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital
- Jackson Lino - World Relief Spokane
- The KXLY4 Extreme Team and Mark Peterson
- Dr. Judy Felgenhauer - pediatric oncologist, Providence Medical Group
- Denis Felgenhauer - community volunteer
The lunch is presented by Providence Health Care Foundation with support from major sponsors, including: STCU, Bouten Construction, Empire Health Foundation, Incyte Diagnostics, Kalispel Tribe of Indians and Northern Quest Resort & Casino, Kiemle Hagood, Rosauers, Washington Trust Bank, KREM 2 and Chapter & Verse.