Transitional Care and Rehabilitation
Short-stay between hospital and home
Our short-stay transitional care unit (TCU) and rehabilitation programs will help you transition from the hospital to home after an injury, accident, surgery (such as knee and hip replacement), or serious and/or prolonged illness.
Selecting a post-acute provider for rehabilitation is a critically important decision. The team of professionals at Marianwood will play a significant role in the success of your recovery. Our goal is to not only help you regain the skills, abilities and confidence to return home but also in many cases we will help you to achieve a level of strength,
mobility, balance and independence that exceeds your prehospitalization level.
Explore our Transitional Care Unit
Click on the photo below and take a 360 degree virtual tour of the rehabilitation gym. You can also view several photos of the TCU.
Specialized Care includes:
- A team of dedicated, experienced professionals
- Collaboration with you, your family and your healthcare providers to develop a plan that supports you and your recovery
- Nursing care provided by RN’s and LPN’s along with certified nursing assistants
- Trauma care
- Wound care
- IV therapy
- Joint replacement rehab
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Cardiac care
- Stroke care
Thank you for considering Providence Marianwood for your recovery!
For scheduled surgery:
To ensure a room is available when you need it, please contact us as soon as possible. Call the Admissions office at (425) 391-2873. It is helpful for you to give us the following information when you call:
- Type of surgery, date of surgery, hospital name
- Health plan coverage or method of payment. (Services must be pre-authorized by a health plan representative.)
For accidents and unplanned surgery:
Tell your hospital social worker or discharge planner that you want to be discharged to Providence Marianwood or call (425) 391-2873. Our admissions staff will work with you and the hospital to ensure a smooth transition.
Providence Marianwood is approved for Medicare patients.
We welcome you to come by for a tour. Please call ahead for an appointment. (425) 391-2873. Or if you'd prefer, you can send an e-mail directly to our admissions office.