Supporting Your Unique Faith Journey
Whether you live at Providence Mount St. Vincent or are here for a short stay in our Transitional Care Unit, we invite you to take advantage of the healing community at The Mount. There are many gardens and nurturing spaces for reflection, as well as our beautiful worship space in the 3rd floor chapel.
The later years of life and times following hospitalization often call us to contemplation, reconciliation, prayer and meditation as well as physical, emotional and spiritual healing.
Our caregivers and spiritual care team, including our staff chaplains and volunteers, are here to assist you in your unique journey, culture and faith tradition. Together as an interdisciplinary team, we embody the healing ministry of Jesus for all, especially in times of transition, crisis, suffering and loss.
Chaplains can help you with:
- Offering a listening presence
- Finding meaning in suffering and identify hope, resiliency, and self acceptance
- Exploring beliefs and values
- Meditation and guided imagery
- Coping with grief and loss
- Deepening relationship with God
- Scripture reading and discussion
- Sacraments, rituals and rites
- Exploring spiritual questions
- Spiritual music, literature and resources
- Life review
- End of life vigil
- Memorial service planning
- Contacting your faith community
Contacting a Chaplain
Ask a caregiver to page Spiritual Care or dial extension 28329.