This program is designed for oncology nurses seeking a general oncology review in preparation for the ONCC® OCN Exam. We will focus on cancer continuum, oncology nursing practice, cancer treatment modalities, symptom management, palliative care, oncologic emergencies and psychosocial dimensions of care—categories from the 2018 OCN blueprint.
This is not meant to be an introductory course, but rather a comprehensive review of basic oncology nursing practice.
- Standard registration: $150
- Providence Washington/Montana caregivers: $100 (employment will be verified)
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Register and pay using the form below.
Program learning outcomes
- Demonstrate preparedness to challenge the OCN Exam
- Identify personal learning gaps requiring attention prior to challenging the OCN Exam
- Discuss and practice test-taking skills and strategies
- Review the assessment and diagnostic findings associated with oncology conditions and diagnoses
- Identify the nurse’s role in the management and care of patients across the cancer trajectory
- Discuss the clinical presentation and evidence-based intervention of common oncologic emergencies
- Identify models of survivorship in oncology practice
RN/LPN/LVN/Other: 14 Contact Hours (includes 4 Pharmacology Contact Hours)
MED-ED, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
MED-ED, Inc. is an approved provider by the following State Boards of Nursing: Florida/FBN 50-1286, Iowa/296, California #CEP10453.
If your profession is not listed, we suggest contacting your board to determine your continuing education requirements and ask about reciprocal approval. Many boards will approve this seminar based on the accreditation of the boards listed here.
For more information
Contact Providence Continuing Professional Development
509-474-7207 | Send email