School nurses are taking care of students with a variety of health needs. Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital is partnering with schools throughout the region to offer a one-day conference to help provide you with tools to care for our communities’ children.
- Diabetes technology devices
- Hospital-based school programs
- Management of mental health medications
- Respiratory assessment
- Behavioral issues
- First aid emergencies
Providence Health Care is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Cost is $60; pre-registration is required. Register online, using the form below. Registration closes August 9.
For more information
Providence Continuing Professional Development
509-474-7207 | Send an email
August 15, 2019 (Thursday)
08:00 AM - 04:30 PM
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Examine diabetes technology devices in the school-aged child
- Discuss LGBTQIA in school-aged children
- Describe hospital-based school programs
- Assess first aid emergencies and provide respiratory assessment
- Recall side effects of commonly-used mental health medications in school-aged children
Center Place Regional Event Center
2426 North Discovery Place
Spokane Valley, 99216